Here we go again! Around our house, we’ve been scrambling to get everything in order for our big move in a week, and trust me! It’s been a challenge! Unfortunately, this has cost me valuable time writing for Shutters, and if you enjoy my posts, I deeply apologize! We will definitely be back and running full force soon and in the meantime, we will be adding restaurant reviews to the reviews tab. How exciting is that?
I wanted to do something hearty and simple for my next recipe and I knew I was long overdue for a dinner post. This recipe incorporates some old favorites as well as a few new market items that have quickly found themselves in our hearts around here. The flavor is rich, the texture smooth, and the portion is hearty. You honestly couldn’t ask for a better fall dish! Before I ramble a little too much, let’s get down to the nitty gritty!
1 Box Barilla Gluten Free Fettuccine Noodles
3 Cups Kirkland’s Soy Milk (Or any alternative milk of your choice!)
1/2 Cup Chardonnay
2 Tbsp. Kirkland’s No Salt Organic Seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp. Chicken Bouillion
3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter
1/2 Cup So Delicious Dairy Free Cheddar Jack Shreds
1 Handful of Grape Tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Arrowroot Powder (or cornstarch!)
2 Tbsp. Water (to combine with the arrowroot powder!)
Salt to Taste
- Bring a large pot filled with water a full boil on medium heat for your pasta. Add a small dash of oil to the water to help with separation of noodles (optional!)
- Add the noodles to the pot, occasionally stirring. Once noodles are cooked all the way through, drain completely.
- In another pot, combine the soy milk, Chardonnay, Kirkland’s seasoning, chicken bouillion, tomatoes (cut in half and seeded!) and butter on medium heat.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie baking sheet with tin foil in order to cook your chicken. I chose to not add any seasonings to the chicken, I felt the chicken’s natural salts and juices were enough flavor. If you feel it needs more, feel free to add it!
- Once your oven reaches temperature, insert and begin to cook your chicken. Once the chicken is done, cut into chunks. Place to the side.
- In your sauce pot, simmer the sauce until the wine has cooked completely down, add the So Delicious cheese and stir until combined.
- Combine the arrowroot powder and water until a thin paste is formed. Add the paste slowly while whisking the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to simmer a few minutes to fully combine the paste with the sauce.
- Combine the chicken, pasta noodles, and sauce. Enjoy!
This pasta is definitely one for the books! Make sure you taste and add salt to the dish as you prefer. We tend to limit salt in our household so most days it’s just easier to add it at the end. I hope you enjoy this dish like we do!
Make sure to leave your favorite lunch idea below in the comments!